I have a dream.....doesn't everyone? Unforunately some people have distorted dreams of how this world should be. I can just see Hitler and Musolini and others like them sitting around talking to people about their dreams.
My dream is that I could live in freedom, dress how I want to, and raise my son to believe he can do anything he wants to do as long as he follows the laws of Allah, prays daily and is respectful. Part of my dream is also that I can shelter my son from the ways of this world, i.e. the ways of saytan.
Of course it is only a dream. Thank Allah I do live in freedom but I cannot dress how I want. As I said in my bio my hsuband does not allow me to wear the headscarf. It is hard to protect my son from the ways of saytan and he is only 7. A few weeks ago in our neighborhood, a 15 year old boy was showing his penis to the kids my sons age. Yes, my son saw it too. My husband and several other of the neighbors had a nice little talk with that boy. Even right in front of our own house, saytan is just lurking...waiting.
Then there is t.v. of course. Yes, I grew up watching whatever I wanted. My parents both worked and my mom was very naive (still is sometimes) and trusting. She never thought that I would be sexually abused by my own uncle or that the t.v. would influence me in a negative way.
I must say though that through it all Allah was watching over me and guiding me to a better way and a better place. For some reason i was always curious about religion. We were raised christian but in a non-denominational church called the World Wide church of God. We followed the laws of the old testament and celebrated all the holy days in the old testament. We followed the new testament but never ate pork. We never celebrated christmas or easter or holloween. No birthdays either, but mom always broke that rule. LOL!
Eventually I found my way to Islam, alhumdulillah. (thanks be to God) It just felt right. I read an english version of the Qu'ran and it was like reading the bible with all the missing peices filled in. I always had so many questions when I read the bible. Now there were being answered.
Anyway, I have digressed enough for today. As I sit here still in my hijab from this mornings salat (prayer) I wonder why is it I can't go outside like this? Why do people have such a problem with it. If people here wouldn't have a problem with it neither would my husband. He has the utmost respect for women who were hijab. But sees how people here treat them most of the time. I personally don't care because I know that those people will have to answer for their actions on the day of judgement.
If I chose to cover my hair and not show you my boobs and my ass why is it such a problem? I am not a feminist but as modern day women, do we really have to bow down to the man made Barbie? Why do I have to show off almost every part of my body (or every part for that matter) just to fit in? I found a bunch of videos on You Tube from women who are NOT muslim but wear the hijab for different reasons. One of them was that she doesn't have to be gawked at when she goes to class at the univeristy. There is even a woman who is a pagan that wears hijab on you tube!!!!! A pagan!!!! I say more power to them! Insha'Allah one day they will come to iman. (belief) Yes, they have their own beliefs and I comand them for wearing the hijab though they are not muslim. They can and I can't....
I told my husband about that the other night. I said, how sad that they wear it and I don't. No comment...
Ok, enough of my rambling for today. Maybe more later...if not then manana!
Sorry for any typos...I tend to type fast I haven't found a spell check on here yet...LOL!
Off to IKEA!!!!
You know I'm bad at this... hadith and fatwa and all that... but isn't there something that says that if your husband tells you not to wear hijab, then you should disobey him in order to obey Allah, subhana wa ta'ala? And if I'm right, why don't you do that? What would the consequences be?
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel though. A few years ago, I felt ready to wear hijab... and I got NO support from my spouse. To this day he doesn't support the idea, and I've given up. It just wasn't worth the fight.
Now I have other reasons that I don't wear it (all of them personal). I still think to myself though, often, that I wish I were as brave as the women out there who do wear it.