Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day one....O M G!

Ok, as I wrote in my bio...I am for the hijab.  And if my husband would let me I would wear it.  But I have to say....what is with the women that cover themselves from head to toe in black?  I was at the grocery store waiting in line to check out and about 4 people in front of me was a women dressed compelely in black.  To top it off she had on black sunglasses.  You could see nothing...not even her eyes.  I saw her hands.  This I don't understand.  Where does this come from?  It is not sunnah.  It is not in the Qu'ran.  The wives of the last Prophet (pubh) wore veils it is written due to the number of men that were always over at the house.  Does it say you could only see thier eyes?  Does it say you couldn't see any part of their face?  Does it say they walked around totally covered in black?  I see it as more of a cultural thing that has unfortunately become associated with terrorism. 

The members of the IRA wear ski masks when carrying out their terroists actions.  So....that should (according to the world's logic) automatically make anyone wearing a ski mask a terrorist.  So....we shouldn't go skiing anymore? 

Yeah.....

I just don't get why people have such a hard time with a women covering her hair.  Even before I became muslim I didn't understand it.  It is sooo important to see a woman's hair?  If I had cancer and covered my head, you wouldn't care.  But since I am healthy, you see it as oppression.

Ok, I'm not saying that there aren't some that are oppressed and forced to wear the hijab.  There are, unfortunately.  There are also boys being forced to perform sexual acts by preists.  No one seems to see that as oppression.  Just a bad thing that happened.  Also, most people that are oppressed are usually those from a poor background.  Ignorance is bliss.  Some people still don't know any better.  If you're raised to believe that white people are biggots then you will most likely always believe that.  If you were raised to believe muslims are terroists, then you will most likely always believe that.  And so on and so forth. 

I can go on and on but I will save some for the days ahead. 

For those of my muslims friends reading this...Eid al-Fitr mubarek! 

ma'salama!

No comments:

Post a Comment