Tuesday, October 19, 2010

wearing the hijab

This weekend we went to a circumssion celebration....DH acutally said I should cover my hair.  All but one or two of the women there were covered.  I had come from the mosque and when he told me we were going I said then let me fix my hair.  He said...why don't you just cover it?  (me inside jumping for joy!!!)  Ok, I guess I could.  His only request was that I leave it a bit lose at the neck instead of pinning it like I normally do.

So now I am in between.  My personality is either do it right or don't do it.  So, knowing that not closing the hijab at the neck is not right I feel strange, but on the other hand I think....it is a start.

Several of the women there that night said it is a start...let him get used to it.  But on Monday I woke up and didn't cover my hair.

I am really torn.  I mean I cover my hair 5 times a day when I pray.  The more and more I live Islam and learn about it the more and more I feel like every religion should have their own country.  Or maybe it should be continent.  They'd give us the middle east for sure and I wouldn't mind cause I hate the cold!!!!  Lol!  But then at least we could wear hijab in peace and live our religion in peace.  You want to eat pork and walk around showing off your tits and your ass then live in the north american continent.  You want to live according to the correct religion then go to the middle eastern continent. 

Would be just fine by me.  It would be a lot easier raising our kids too. 
Getting off the subject here....let me know what do you think.  I know you are torn too....or were at one time. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that he's starting to allow the hijab instead of being so completely against it! Insha'allah this will mean that he will be totally for it at some point! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Take it one step at a time - even if it's not *perfect* like you said, it IS a start!

    ReplyDelete