I am sooo in between on this one. In my heart I know it is the right thing to do. One of my neighbors said (after describing to her how DH will allow me to wear the hijab) why even bother. I know...I kind of feel like that too. I mean, it's not like I will actually be wearing the hijab. Just a nice scarf that is worn as a nice accent like those hollywood movie stars.
Another problem I have is I can't find one youtube video showing how the hell those women (mostly Iranian) wear their scarves like that and they don't slip at all. Anytime I have typed in 'iranian hijab' either videos showing them come up or people protesting them come up. But not one that shows you how to actually wear it. There are tons of video on how to wear hijab but they are all the 'correct' hijab and I already know how to wear that one. Anyone have any suggestions?
Also, DH told me that I am not mature enough to wear hijab. Ok...might have mentioned this in an earlier hijab. Apparently only Allah (SWT) knows when I will be mature enough. Oh and then there was the arguement about if I wear hijab then how should I go swimming, etc. with my son. Uh, wear a hijabbi swimsuit. Oh, apparently it isn't appropriate for a hijabbi to be around other men and see them. But it's ok if I wear a 'normal' bathing suit and see them then? huh?
Argh...I have a headache...more later....
No comments:
Post a Comment