Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jews vs Muslims.....

Jewish law requires married women to cover their hair. In Orthodox Judaism, men and women who are not married and are not closely related are generally not allowed to touch each other.In Orthodox Judaism, men and women who are not married to each other and are not immediate blood relatives are not allowed to enter into a secluded situation ("yichud") in a room or in an area that is private. In Orthodox Judaism, men and women are not allowed to mingle during prayer services, and Orthodox synagogues generally include a divider, called a Mechitza, creating separate men's and women's sections.

So, albeit that I copied the above from Wikipedia...it is the same any where else I looked.  The reason I posted this is to ask you this.....if the above is true and the same applies to muslim women....then....why are we oppressed and jewish women are free?  There is NO difference.  They cover their hair and dress modest...we cover our hair and dress modest.  They are not allowed to touch someone of the opposite sex that is not related and neither are we.  They are seperated during religious prayers or services and so are we.  So, again...why are we oppressed?  I don't get it. 

And the worst part about this whole issue is that it isn't mainly women that are all up in arms...it's the men!  Why does it bother them so much?!  Oh, sorry...I forgot...if we cover and dress modestly then they don't get a free show.....

No comments:

Post a Comment